A DIGITAL EXPERIENCE PLATFORM
WP-DXP allows you to start using WordPress as a digital experience platform, adding personalisation and conditional rules to the content that your users see and can interact with.
Compete with commercial enterprise platforms and add your own rules to match user behaviour on, then show or hide blocks based on if your conditions are met.
Available rules out of the box include the ability to show or hide blocks if:
- If a user is logged in or not
- The user is, or is not, from a specific country
- When a certain amount of time has passed
- The user is new to the site or is returning
- Users are using a mobile, tablet or desktop device
- A user is visiting at a specific time or period of the day
- NEW – The user has been referred from a specific site (i.e. Facebook, Google)
- NEW – It is before or after, or between, specific dates (i.e. Christmas holidays)
- NEW – A cookie is set to a particular value or empty
- NEW – There is a specific query string or parameter in the URL
- NEW – The user has a specific WordPress role type
- If they have purchased a product from your WooCommerce Store
- If they have completed a Ninja Form on your site
- If they have completed a Gravity Form on your site
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
wp-dxpdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! You’re ready to go.
What is WP-DXP?
WP-DXP is a WordPress plugin designed to add personalisation features and options, and DXP is an acronym for Digital Experience Platform.
It follows similar principles to Enterprise platforms such as Episerver, Optimizely and Sitecore and works in conjunction with the Gutenberg block editor to provide a simple and clear pathway to this functionality for content authors and admins.
What can I use it for?
You can use WP-DXP to personalise content to your users, based on actions that they have taken, or criteria such as which countries they are accessing your site from.
We have included basic rules into the plugin to provide a starting point, and if you have plugins such as WooCommerce or Gravity Forms installed, you gain access to even more.
Additionally, you can add your own rules, based on a set of conditions, and then apply those to any blocks you wish.
How do I use WP-DXP?
Once you have the plugin installed and activated, a WP-DXP option will appear in the Block Settings sidebar in the Gutenberg Editor when you are editing a block.
Within this, you will be given the choice to choose a rule and determine an action if that rule is met.
For instance, you may wish to add a content block with a message that is only shown to the user if they come from a particular country, or if they have purchased a product from your store. Feel free to play around and let us know if you think what more we could add as default rules out of the box.
Are there any limitations?
The actions that you can take when a rule is met, are currently limited to Show or Hide a block. We will be adding new actions in a future release.
The plugin does not work with the Classic Block – which is due to be deprecated. You can use the Convert to Blocks feature to transform the Classic Block into independent Gutenberg blocks, which can then take advantage of WP-DXP.
Will the plugin always be free to use?
We will always have a free version of the plugin, but in the future, it is likely that we will add a Pro version which will offer additional features. At this stage, we cannot tell you what these features will be or how much it will cost, but anything included in the Free version of the plugin will be free forever.
Do you have a roadmap?
We have an internal roadmap that we are using to develop new features – including additional rules, A-B Testing, profile scoring features, and integration with other plugins and commercial platforms.
We will also be developing new conditions and pre-built rules and exploring how we can provide detailed reporting. If you have any suggestions on what we should consider adding, please feel free to get in touch using the details in the Support and Feedback section below.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-DXP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New rule for referring site
- New rule for query string parameters
- New rule for user role type
- New rule for cookie values
- New rule for custom date periods
- Fix for multisite network installs
- New rule for new vs returning visitors
- New rule for device type – mobile, tablet, desktop
- New rules for period or time of day
- Added further standard rules that work out of the box
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- You can now show or hide blocks for each user, even when the page is fully cached
- Added a new rule to show/hide blocks based on length of time
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Initial version of WP-DXP plugin